Monday 27 April 2020

Sparrows and Snails!

There were loads of House Sparrows in Station Road this morning, several collecting nesting material, others sat on the roofs. I estimate at least 20 birds were there - always good to see so many. Nearby at the station there were 3 or 4 Orange-tip butterflies and a Speckled Wood. A snail on the wall looked like a Strawberry Snail but I had no intention of eating it. A Common Earwig was on a dandelion flower. Nearby at Fairlawn Road there were several Honeybees and another Nomad Bee.

House Sparrow


Strawberry Snail

I had a pathetic night as far as the moth trap was concerned, just two moths - a Pale Mottled Willow and a micro-moth which I tentatively identified as an Ephestia species and which, to my relief, the experts on Facebook confirmed.
Pale Mottled Willow

Ephestia

No comments:

Post a Comment