Friday 17 April 2020

St Andrews Park!

I have been watching three Dunnocks chasing each other endlessly around the garden. Dunnocks have an incredibly complicated sex life and so I was not surprised there were three individuals involved!

Dunnock

In St Andrews Park it was nice to see the Wild Garlic in flower and there was a large patch of Comfrey which I've never seen in that spot before.
Comfrey

Wild Garlic


A Grey Squirrel, a Robin and a male Blackbird carrying food were the other highlights. I had a look at the dead wood habitat and saw a tiny centipede which was so fast I couldn't get a decent photo of it. In the meadow area there was a Buff-tailed Bumblebee feeding on the White Deadnettle flowers.
Buff-tailed/White-tailed Bumblebee

Grey Squirrel

Spot the Centipede!

Robin




No comments:

Post a Comment