Wednesday 21 May 2014

St Pauls Park

Every time I visit the park the park-keepers are making a racket with their grass-cutters so it was not a successful visit this morning. There was a Blackbird, a Dunnock and a couple of Goldfinches but not much else bird-wise. There were a couple of flies (possible Tachinidae) which looked distinctive enough for me to think I might be able to ID them - white dusting on the thorax a particular feature. I will update this if I can get an ID. In the church rounds quite a lot of Dove's foot Cranesbill (later cut by the park-keepers - rather depressing). UPDATE! The fly is a Anthomyia species hurrah!
Dove's foot Cranesbill

Anthomyia fly

This evening 2 adult Blackbirds in the garden were mobbing a Magpie so they obviously have a nest nearby. They actually physically struck the corvid several times as they dive-bombed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment