Monday 24 July 2017

Upper Montpelier!

....that's what I tend to call the area around Fairlawn Road and the top of St Andrews Road. Anyway I had a quick look around this morning and heard a Coal Tit singing near Hurlingham Road. A Speckled Wood butterfly was nearby. At the junction of St Andrews Road and Cromwell Road the verge had lots of what I have identified as Beaked Hawksbeard (but hawkweeds are not my speciality) and some Michaelmas Daisies. Halfway down St Andrews Road some Lady's Bedstraw persists on a front lawn - this has been growing at this location for many years but it is otherwise a scarce plant in urban areas, preferring calcareous grassland. One or two Large White were also seen nearby.
Beaked Hawksbeard and hoverfly which I only noticed after looking at the photo! Sadly there's not enough detail to ID the hoverfly!

Lady's Bedstraw

Large White

Michaelmas Daisies

No comments:

Post a Comment