Wednesday 20 September 2017

Beetles and Spiders!

I was surprised to see a tiny beetle in the bath this morning and even more surprised when it jumped when I touched it. On closer inspection I could see it had thickened hind femora so I think it is one of the Flea Beetles. Now that's all very exciting but sadly it might not have originated in Monty - I suspect it hitched a lift on my clothing as I had been out all day yesterday on the saltmarshes near Avonmouth!
Flea Beetle

At the station along the wall were several spiders - I can't get an ID on them but I think they might be Zygiella x-notata. I have my own Zygiella of course - in my bathroom window - and she is getting fat on fruit flies that originate in my kitchen waste bin.
Possible Zygiella at the station

My own Zygiella!

Michaelmas Daisies were still in flower at the station.
Michaelmas Daisies
Yesterday at the station there was a Syrphus hoverfly and a Common Carder Bee.
Common Carder Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment