Wednesday 20 March 2019

Monty Mistle Thrush!

I had about 20 minutes before my train was due this morning so I dashed up to Fairlawn Road to see if I could hear any Chiffchaffs (a favourite spot for them in the spring) but I was unlucky. However, I heard a distant Mistle Thrush singing and I tracked it down to a tree in Old Ashley Hill. Soon after it flew off towards Narroways. I rarely see Mistle Thrushes in Montpelier these days so I was very pleased. Nearby a Dunnock was singing and a couple of Goldfinches were on a TV aerial. I had to rush back to get my train but en route I noted Alexanders and Ivy-leaved Toadflax in flower along St Andrews Road.
Alexanders

Goldfinch

Mistle Thrush

Ivy-leaved Toadflax

Late news from yesterday - an Andrena sp. bee was caught in a spider web along the wall at the station. I tried to rescue it but it was in a very poor condition. I notice from the photo I took of it that the odd Springtail was in attendance.
Andrena bee and Springtail

No comments:

Post a Comment