Saturday 16 May 2020

St Andrews Park!

There were some great invertebrates in the meadow area this morning - a Large Red Damselfly, a Picture-winged Fly which I think is something called Trypeta zoe (I think I will just call it Zoe, sounds perfect), a Merodon equestris (bee-mimic hoverfly), another hoverfly Melanostoma, a Running Crab-spider and a Soldier Fly I can't identify as I couldn't get a good enough photo.



Back in Fairlawn Road, Montpelier there was another Merodon equestris, a very attractive Xanthrogramma pedissequum agg. hoverfly, a pair of mating 14-spot Ladybirds and an Ichneumon wasp. Tiny little Cocksfoot Moths and several Oedemera beetles were on the dandelions.  A Chiffchaff was singing nearby.
Merodon equestris and friend

14-spot Ladybirds doing what comes naturally

Xanthogramma pedissequum
Cocksfoot Moth


No comments:

Post a Comment