Wednesday 24 June 2020

Moffs, False Widows and Ravens!

The moth trap produced my first ever Vapourer this morning, a moth I've always dreamed of seeing. It was unfortunately sat on the outside of my kitchen window, so the only way I could see it properly was by leaning out of the adjacent (attic window) and taking a distant shot of it. It was pretty scary as I had to lean onto the sloping roof below the window to get the shot and and at times I could have actually fallen out of it! Other moths included:
Heart and Dart 10
Dark Arches 3
Swallow-tailed Moth 1
Heart and Club 1
Flame 1
Uncertain/Rustic agg. 3
Codling Moth 2
Common Footman 1
Large Yellow Underwing 2
Lesser Yellow Underwing 1
Chrysoteuchia culmella 1
Pseudargyrotoza conwagana 1
Euzophera pinguis 1


Swallow-tailed Moth

Large Yellow Underwing

Common Footman

Flame 
Euzophera pinguis


Vapourer
Lesser Yellow Underwing

My resident False Widow Spider is becoming a bit too assertive in the bathroom and is expanding her web. Will have to  think about relocating her but she is only active at night and hides behind a tile during the day.

Three Ravens were on the TV mast in Station Road this morning - presumably the St Werburghs birds.

Raven

Late moth news from yesterday, there was a Marbled Beauty also in the bathroom last night.
Marbled Beauty


No comments:

Post a Comment