Monday 20 July 2020

Wasp nest and three more moths!

I have a wasp nest in my dormer roof. Over the last couple of weeks I have seen lots of comings and goings from these stripy rascals. These nests have occurred on and off every few years and on these occasions I keep my windows closed. I usually have a few wasps in my moth trap too. Sadly one wasp was found drowned in my kitchen sink this morning - it is a Common Wasp judging by the black 'anchor' mark on its face.

Although my catches have been appalling of late, I have at least caught interesting moths - this time a brand new one, a Broad-barred White - very attractive. The larval foodplants include sow-thistles which are very common in Montpelier. Also in the trap was a Marbled Green - I only catch one or two per year - and an Uncertain/Rustic
              

  
       

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment