Sunday 12 February 2012

Thrush thrash polka

Leaning out of my flat window first thing this morning I heard a distant Song Thrush singing from the direction of Montpelier Park/Station Road. 'Tis a long time since I've heard one from my flat but very welcome. Also from my flat I saw a group of 7 Redwings settle briefly in a tree before flying off. I later saw what was presumably the same flock at the top of St Andrews Road/Cromwell Road an hour or so later. In the garden, the female Blackcap was showing well.

Blackcap

In St Andrews Park there was a pair of Jays, 2 Coal Tits, a Mistle Thrush (seen and heard singing), 6 Blackbirds, 15 Goldfinches, 2 Greenfinches, 10 Chaffinches, 8 Long-tailed Tits, a Robin, 4 Great Tits, 3 Blue Tits, 2 Pied Wagtails, a calling Blackcap, 2 Dunnocks and a Goldcrest.

Coal Tit
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment