Friday 27 March 2020

Garden birds!

Because of the current lockdown I contented myself with a stroll round the neighbourhood today, but I first checked the view from my window where there were a couple of Great Tits, a Woodpigeon collecting nesting material and a Dunnock.
Woodpigeon

Dunock

In Richmond Road there was a little patch of Wood Forget-me-not growing out of the pavement - probably a garden escape. At Fairlawn Road there were several Eristalis pertinax hoverflies, a Honey Bee and my first Dark-edged Bee-fly of the spring, although it didn't stick around for the camera. Lots of Goldfinches were heard calling among the trees.
Honey Bee

Wood Forget-me-not

Eristalis pertinax
The station was disappointing - there were no butterflies on the disused platform - but a Coal Tit showed well.





No comments:

Post a Comment